For all exhibition races, you must register with Karen by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by speaking with her at the Race Director’s meeting on Friday night.
- Youth Crew Challenge – A head to head race for the youth crews.
- Open Men’s Challenge – Mix and match. Open to any paddler that is registered on any crew. Typically a very fast race, with predominately male crew.
- C Cup – Breast Cancer Crew: Maximum 20 paddlers. All paddlers must have been diagnosed with breast cancer; however, drummer and steersperson do not need to meet this criterion.
- Health Providers Cup – Local challenge race for crews in the health services field. Register as a crew.
- Masters Open Challenge – Mix and match, all paddlers must be 55+
- 2,000m Guts & Glory – Crews must attend pre-race meeting with the Race Chair at the dock area.
- YWCA Top Local Women’s Crews – Community Women’s Award: Sponsored by the YWise Women’s Crew. This will be the top 4 local women’s crews based on the combined time from Saturday’s races.
- Top 4 Local Crews – Community Mixed Crew Award: bragging rights will be presented to the winner of the Community Mixed Crew race. This will be the top 4 local mixed crews based on the combined times from Saturday’s races.
Race crews compete for bronze, silver, and gold medals in each of the crew divisions below:
Awards are supported by festival sponsors.
- Rotary District Governor’s Award: Trophy presented to the crew with the best time of the festival
- Community Women’s Award: Sponsored by the YWise Women’s Crew and presented to the winner of the Community Women’s Crew race
- Community Mixed Crew Award: Will be presented to the winner of the Community Mixed Crew race
- Crew Competitions: Crew Awards will be presented at the Pyro’s Pub celebration on Saturday evening
Come prepared to compete in the following categories:
- Best Crew Spirit
- Best Dressed Crew
- Best Decorated Tent