For all exhibition races, you must register with Karen by emailing her at email@example.com or by speaking with her at the Manager’s meeting on Friday night.
These races do fill up quickly!!!
- Exhibition 200 M
- Tug of War – this event is a fundraiser for our local association’s youth program – contact the race chair for more information
- Mens 10’s 200 M
- C Cup – Maximum 20 paddlers. All paddlers must be a female cancer survivor; however, drummer and steersperson do not need to meet this criterion.
- Masters 500 M
- 2,000m Guts & Glory – Crews must attend pre-race meeting with the Race Chair at the dock area.
- YWCA Angie Shaw Memorial Race – Top Local Women’s Crews: Sponsored by the YWise Women crew. This will be the top 4 local women’s crews based on the combined time from Saturday’s races.
- Reynar Cup – Top Local Mixed Crew Award: bragging rights will be presented to the winner of the Community Mixed Crew race. This will be the top 4 local mixed crews based on the combined times from Saturday’s races.
Competitive Race crews compete for bronze, silver, and gold medals in each of the divisions below:
- C Cup
- Recreation Race crews compete for bragging rights and gift draws.
- Naut Dragon crews will receive participation medals
Awards are supported by festival sponsors.
- Rotary Past District Governor’s Award – the Carrier Cup: Trophy presented to the crew with the best time of the festival, in memory of PDG Bernie Carrier.
- Sharie Cousins’ Cup: presented to the crew with the best 200 m time of the festival, in memory of paddler and coach Sharie Cousins
Come prepared to compete in the following categories:
- Best Spirit
- Best Decorated Tent