Please read this whole page (or at least the headlines) before contacting us for help. We know it’s long, but we’ve written this page to save you grief. We’re here to help, so feel free to reach out to us (after you’ve read this whole page) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is Full!
Please email Karen at email@example.com to get on the wait list.
As the PGA Tour is in Lethbridge during our festival, we highly recommend you book your accommodations as soon as possible.
Crew Manager Check In Appointments
We will be scheduling appointments for crew manager check in at the festival again this year, to ensure efficient service. Walk-ins are welcome, but priority will be given to crew managers with appointments. Please book your check in appointments here: https://www.volunteersignup.org/KLWTL
Last Minute Crew Member Registration Form
Any crew members who are not registered before registration closes on June 15 will need to submit a paper registration form and waiver. The crew manager will need to bring the registration forms to the crew manager check in on the festival Friday. Any crew members who are not registered (either online or via paper) will not be provided wrist bands. Download the registration form here.
Everyone must submit a waiver before they are allowed to participate in practices or races, every year.
Adults: Adults may accept the online waiver during online registration or submit a paper waiver. Adults who share an email address must submit a paper waiver. Download the adult waiver here.
Youth: Youth ages 12 – 17 must submit a paper waiver. Download the youth waiver here. Youth will also accept the adult waiver when they register online, but the youth waiver supersedes the adult waiver for youth.
You can bring a signed waiver with you when participate for the first time this year. Practice and race officials will have printed reports of waivers received; if the report does not show that you have submitted a waiver online or in paper, you will be asked to sign a paper waiver before participating.
Waivers include a photo release and our privacy statement.
Identify the category that your crew falls within, and familiarize yourself with the crew qualification requirements by reading the Crew Categories page.
Crew Registration Fees
Registration fees must be paid in full on or before the Early Bird Deadline to qualify as an early bird registration, no exceptions, and if payment is late, the full fee will be charged.
ends May 13
starts May 14
|Community Crews||$1100||$1300||June 15|
|Visiting Crews||$1000||$1200||June 15|
|Youth Crews||$600||$600||June 15|
Crew Tent Rental Fees
See the Tents and Athletes Village page for tent rental fees and information.
Crew Practice Fees
See the Practices page for crew practice fees and information.
1) Online during registration – You can pay your crew fees with a credit card when registering your crew online. Note that Active adds a processing fee for credit card transactions processed through Active.
2) Interac e-Transfer – You can send an Interac email money transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, but be sure to send a separate email with the e-Transfer password you create in the process. During the crew registration process, where it asks you for your credit card information or a coupon code, use the coupon code: PAYLATER
3) Cheque – You can pay for your crew fees offline with a cheque. During the crew registration process, where it asks you for your credit card information or a coupon code, use the coupon code: PAYLATER
Make cheques payable to Lethbridge Rotary Dragon Boat Festival, specify your crew name in the memo field, and bring the cheque to your first practice or mail it to:
Lethbridge Rotary Dragon Boat Festival
P.O. Box 1094
Festival fees must be received on or before the registration deadline. Registration is only deemed complete once payment of registration fees is completed. The LRDBF reserves the right to request immediate payment in the event that registration for one or all divisions sells out. If payment is not received, a team from the waiting list will receive your registration slot. All fees are in Canadian dollars. We do not charge sales tax. Your fees are not tax deductible as charitable donations.
Withdrawal Policy and Refunds
There is a 15% administrative fee for all crew withdrawals. The final withdrawal date is the registration closing date.
Overview of the Registration Process
- Crew manager creates a crew, including a crew password.
- Crew manager invites crew members to join the crew, either by using the built-in email invitation system, or by sharing the crew name and password with crew members. If a crew member has the crew name and password, they can go to the registration site and register themselves for your crew, with or without an email invitation.
- Crew members register themselves and accept their waivers.
For a detailed look at the registration process, and what happens behind the scenes when you register, check out the registration process diagram here. Note that it prints on an 11″x17″ page. The blue boxes happen within the Active Sports Network registration system, and the orange boxes happen elsewhere.
To Join an Existing Crew
- Click here to go to the registration system:
- Click the radio button beside Join an Existing Crew, then click the CONTINUE button.
- Enter your email address in the box and click Next. If you already have an account on Active Sports Network, enter your password and click Login. If you do not have an account on Active Sports Network, the system will ask you for a password to create a new account later.
- Select if you’re registering yourself, someone else over 18, or someone else under 18. Youth must be registered by a parent or guardian over 18.
- Under “Participant Information,” fill in your personal information.
- Under “Team Information,” select the crew you’d like to join from the list, then enter the crew password for that crew. If you do not know the password, contact the crew manager.
- Under “Waivers and Agreements,” you must check both boxes and enter your full name in the “Electronic signature” field.
- Click CONTINUE.
- If you did not log in with an Active Sports Network account when you started the registration process, it will ask you to set a password for your account here.
- Click COMPLETE. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration shortly. It may be a few minutes before you receive it. It’s possible, but unlikely, that this email will be sent to your junk mail folder.
To Login to Active After Registering
- Go to http://www.active.com/
- Click the “Sign In” link in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter the same email address and password you used to create your account.
- Click on your name in the top right corner.
- Click on My Events.
To Send an Email to Invite People to Join Your Crew
- Log into Active (See “To Login to Active After Registering” above).
- Click on the “Team center” button for the team you’d like to invite people to.
- Click the “Invite team members” or “Send invites” buttons
- Enter the email addresses in the top field.
- Click “Send email”.
To Purchase Practices or Tents after Registration
- Log into Active (See “To Login to Active After Registering” above).
- Click the “Purchase merchandise” button.
- Select the purchases you’d like to add.
- Click CONTINUE
- Enter payment information.
– If you’d like to pay with your credit card, click PAY WITH CREDIT CARD and enter your information here.
– If you’d like to pay later, with a cheque or email money transfer, use the coupon code PAYLATER
- Click COMPLETE